Salehurst and Robertsbridge Parish Council

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact the Clerk?

You can call and leave a telephone message on 01580 882066 or email Phone messages are checked daily.



When can I visit the Parish Council Office?

The Parish Office is located within Robertsbridge Youth Centre (blue door opposite The George Inn on the High Street). The office is open 2-4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.



Do you manage the Churchyard?

No, for enquiries about the Churchyard please contact Rev Annette Hawkins on 01580 880282. We manage the Parish Cemetery which is a short walk away from the Church, in Beech House Lane.



Where do I report a street light not working?

Street lights in Robertsbridge and Salehurst (not those on the A21) are the responsibility of the Parish Council. Please email the Clerk with what the problem is, the number of the light, and its location. We will then contact our contractor to arrange a repair.



Where do I report vandalism or other crime?

Please ring Sussex Police on 101 to report the crime. Please also email the Clerk so that we are aware of it, particularly in the case of vandalism if you know the vandalism is to property owned by the Parish Council.



Who deals with flytipping?

Please report to Rother District Council here and email us know you have done so.



Who deals with potholes or fallen trees (on or affecting the highway) or public rights of way?

This is the responsibility of East Sussex County Council. Please report a problem here or if an emergency ring 0345 60 80 193, and email us to let us know you have done so.